Advocates In Action helps to relieve the stress of paperwork and get answers for you as you learn to navigate the challenges of the bureaucracies to get the medical and/or government services you need to live a full and functional life.
Before you become a client of Advocates In Action, you’re entitled to a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our advocates. This consultation session is one hour in length. During your consultation the following will be addressed:
- What Area Do You Require Assistance Navigating?
- What are the Obstacles You are Encountering?
- Where Do You Stand Currently with This Issue?
- What is Your Ultimate Goal?
- How We Work
- Our Fee Schedule and Payment
Once you become a client of Advocates in Action, you are in communication with your advocate on a regular basis. During this process, we offer consulting* sessions as needed to discuss any concerns you may have around the issue with which we are assisting. The cost of the session is included in the predetermined fee you paid for our services. Should your advocate discover you need additional counseling for other reasons, we will provide you with an appropriate referral.
Our advocates are here to assist you in every way possible as we navigate through this difficult process. Our goal is two-fold.
- Relieve your stress during the advocacy process
- Empower you by teaching necessary skills to navigate and become a self-advocate for your future
* By law, if our Counselor is your advocate, he or she cannot counsel you on any issues except those associated with the advocacy services.